Sunday, May 31, 2009

Working for the Common Good


I've been setting up accounts on myspace and another *friends* type site for my little brother. Cute, isn't he? He knows NOTHING about computers...I'm advanced compared to him...so I'm setting things up for him. I don't know how to put on the fancy backgrounds and things, though. I'm going to have to go back in and scoot around and see what I can find by messing about. He was like, can you put a picture on like **** has in the background? "Well..." lol
That's another funny thing about him...if he's reading with me on the computer, he'll ask "What does that mean?" about all the...oh, what are they called?...the lol's and btw's and even luv. He's probably the LEAST computer literate kid in America today. lol
On a different note, and not about him...I went to the library today and bought discarded reference books. 16 wonderful reference books for $4! I got a HUGE world atlas for .50. It has lain on a desk waiting for someone to need to know the countries in Africa for years, now it's home with me to live. ; ) It's probably dreadfully outdated, but still I love it. And .50!! I'm a sucker for a good buy. lol
I got several art books, with prints in a pocket in the front...nice, too. Rand McNally Encyclopedia of World Rivers...Webster's American Biographies...World Class Thin Books or What to Read When Your Book Report is Due Tomorrow...and several other's which are turned and I can't see what they say. lol

Original date Sunday April 22, 2007

No comments: