Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happyy Anniversary to Me! (And Daddy!)

Daddy got up in the night and put out his gift for me...a truffle candy bar, round truffles, and those Hershey's dark pieces with the berries and things in them. Uuummm! He also wrote me a letter. He's so sweet. ; )
I left his for him before I went to bed. Candy, letter, and a balloon. He ate some of his candy while he was up writing my letter.
I'm not sure what we've got planned for today. There was talk of leaving the girls with my mom and going out to eat, but I don't know if that's still on or not.
You know what tomorrow is, don't you? April Fools Day. I like to tell him we should have waited a day before we got married, then every time I got mad at him, I could say when I said, "I do" was an April Fool's joke. lol
I think it was a Thursday when we got married. He was in a training program in SC, and called me the night before and said, "If you can find a preacher, I'll marry you when I get back tomorrow night." So I scouted around and found a very nice preacher who would come up to my mom's house at about 10:30 at night and preform a ceremony. Once I had the preacher lined up, I went to Pizza Hut with my cousin and ate Garlic Bread. lol No big wedding, no bunches of people, just my mom and dad, my sister and brother, and her two kids, and my cousin. My brother and oldest nephew were about 2, and the other nephew was almost 7 months, so just 4 adults, besides us and the preacher. lol Short, sweet and to the point. Daddy says he always wanted a big(er) wedding, but I'm glad we did it like we did. I don't like big productions. ; )
His parents weren't too keen on the idea, so he didn't actually tell them. We came down and told them the next day. His mom eventually got over it...we presented her with a granddaughter named after her mother. If you're going to steal someone's son, you might as well give them something in return. ; )
Daddy's up now, and we need to get to celebrating, so I'm gone. ; )

original date Saturday March 31, 2007

No comments: