Sunday, May 31, 2009

I had SOMETHING....

Original date Thursday May 3, 2007
I was going to blog about...I wonder what it was? lol
This morning I was thinking "I have to blog about that today." Now I have no idea what it was.
So, since I can't remember, I'll just re-cap my day...so I won't forget that!
We got up...well, I got up fairly early for me...Daddy and Emma were already up and watching a video when I got up. I checked my e-mail, then did a few things and got ready to go out...and Daddy went back to sleep! He does that all the time...if we have something to do on a certain day, he'll get up REALLY early and get ready to go, then fall asleep by the time we're supposed to be leaving.
We had to go by the grocery store and get a few things we need, and also things for the cookout we had planned for this evening. We managed to get in and out of the grocery stores in short order, everything smooth, except the prices on the pet food! Cat food has gone up from $7 to $8.50 a bag, and dog food has gone up about .50, and rabbit food has gone up about .50. It worries me. I can't NOT feed the animals...I may try looking for something cheaper, but the cats are SO picky, I don't know that they'd eat something else...what to do, what to do... ; )
Daddy suggested feeding them tuna mixed with bread (!), but I asked him how many cans of tuna he was thinking we would give them a day, he said "2, and a loaf of bread" and I was like, "okay $1.50 for a loaf of bread, and .50 each for tuna...we'd spend more in a week than we spend for the bag of food!"
This evening we went to mom's for a cookout. We celebrate my brother's b-day every year...the first year after he died we planned a cookout *accidentally* on his b-day, then when we realized what day it would be...something like "How about Thursday?", then realized Thursday was the third later that night...anyway, mom thought it was a good idea to remember his birthday with a cookout, so we've had one every year since.
I fixed a potato salad, banana pudding, and took popsicles. Daddy manned the grill, and we had burnt sacrifice-style food...he says it wasn't HIS fault....I think he could have moved them before they were charred.
All in all--even with the kids fighting like cats and dogs--it was a good cookout.
In the picture above you can see my dear brother in the right-hand corner, strolling about the park. ; )
Happy Birthday!

No comments: