Sunday, May 31, 2009

Entry for May 01, 2007

We went to the grocery store today, picked up some things for sandwiches, then went to a local park and took a nice long hike. We hiked WAY--WWWAAAYYY-- down a hill to the creek at the bottom.
I kept wishing we had thought to take the camera and wildflower identification guide. We saw SO MANY nice flowers. They are at the far end of peak performance...some were looking dreadfully wilty...but still beautiful. We even saw 2 jack-in-the-pulpits, and 2 trillium.
We scouted out the letterbox down at the bottom...we didn't take our letterboxing things, but just looked at the log. It was 2005 when we first found it and stamped it! I didn't realize it had been so long. I believe it was May 28, so almost right at 2 years. Amazing. It did rev up our interest in Letterboxing and Geo-caching, so I'll probably go back to the sites and see if there have been any new ones planted nearby.
My feet were SO sore when we got back up to the top. Daddy *had* to go to the library, too, so I just have gotten to sit down...we came up at 5:30, and it's now 7...AAARRRGGGHH!! I am SO not used to wearing shoes! I lurk about in as little as possible around here, and just wear sandals when I go out, but I thought "normal" shoes would be best for going down a hill. ; )
It's good to be home and out of shoes again. : )

No comments: