Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thinking of the Bees

We're having issues here because of the cold snap a week or so back. There are hardly any flowers blooming...no trees blooming or anything. I actually told the girls not to pick any of the dandelions. I'm worried that the bees won't have anything to eat. I'm thinking of putting out some sugar water on the deck railing and see if they will find it. I may see about getting some flowers and planting them. I think I have some seeds, but they'll take a while to come up and bloom.
I went with Daddy to get water today and there was SO MUCH dead stuff....branches, leaves, whole trees. I also noticed when I went out to feed the dogs that one of the bushes in the backyard looked dead. It was a nice big one, too. I'm SO hoping things will bush back out. I guess really it's too early to worry. I did see a spice bush starting to bud again. Maybe...hopefully...everything will green back up. Usually everything is all green and nice by now. It is supposed to be back up in the 70's by the end of the week...I am really looking forward to that. : )
Daddy had a doctor's appointment today. After his appointment he stopped by and talked to a friend from church. This friend asked him point blank if he (or we) had been talking about him. He said he had heard from 5 different people at church including one of my relatives that we had been saying things about him. AAARRRGGGH!!!! Just when one thing flattens itself down, another problem rears it's head. I DON'T know what Daddy's been saying to people. He does sometimes say things he shouldn't to people he shouldn't, but as far as I know he hasn't. Anyway, I KNOW I haven't said anything to anyone. I only talk to two people at church and I only talk to them about Sunday School stuff. I don't even talk to 5 people. ARGH! and BLEAH! And that's all I'm going to say about that.
The girls went up to visit Daddy's father a little while today. They stayed with him while we went to the library and to get water. The library has re-arranged itself (lol) and they're discarding books. I got a few, and the librarian said they're going to be getting rid of more and we should check back. Oh Boy! : ) They also had some new books they'd just bought (especially because Emma requested them) and they let her (or me for her) check them out first. They're just the best.
Daddy and the girls are getting ready to go to a softball game. All 3 of my brother's kids play softball. I think I'll just lounge around here. : ) I'd much rather be home. ; )

No comments: