Sunday, May 31, 2009

Entry for April 14, 2007

Well, I'm apparrently going back to regular homeschooling again. With, apparrently, a kindergartener. Cute, isn't she? : )
I'm supposed to teach her to read, and do a little basic math.
Oh, I'm worried. It's been SO long since I've done anything like that. I've been reading books on...well, reading. ; ) I told Daddy that's a sign of being a book-a-holic when you have books on reading. I have piles of papers, ideas scribbled on scraps of paper, notes in books....I hope I can make sense of what I have.
I have plans to take her to Storytime at the library first...they'll take care of Science and Social Studies. I wish I had taken advantage of it when my kids were small...it's only for up to 5 yr. olds. This month they've got: a picnic, bees, healthy teeth (with a dentist), health (with a medical worker), Police officer, construction, and all about me. So, basically, if all goes as planned, I'll take her to that, then bring her back here for reading and numbers instruction. She's very bright...she'll pick up on it quickly, I'm sure.
I hope it'll go okay.
It won't be until Sept, but I'm trying to get ready. One thing I've never been is a procrastinator. : )

original date Saturday April 14, 2007

No comments: