Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ohhh, I'm Tired and Sore!

Daddy got the big idea that today would be a good day to coat the roof with the fibered roof coating we've had sitting around for about 5 years. Since he can't get one the roof (it won't hold him), I'm the one who gets that fun part of the job. He got to stand on scaffolding and reach up with a looonnnggg handled brush, while I got to hang onto the edge of the roof and try not to fall while brushing on coating. The awfullest thing happened...when I went to start, I just stuck on something quick...a full skirt and one of dad's old t-shirts, I can't get to most of my old clothes...LONG story there, too, but not right now...so I didn't have much to choose from. I didn't put on anything under the skirt, because, well, I didn't want to ruin more clothes with the coating than I had to. Anyway....*something* got caught in a crack in the tin. I was sitting on the...is it the ridge pole?....the pointy center part, anyway...and had just gotten the bucket of coating pulled up to me, and started scooting across to where I was working, when it caught. I'll leave it to your imagination WHAT got caught. Okay, now here I am, sitting on the roof, holding the bucket of coating, can't let it go or it will fall, laughing my head off and crying at the same time...laughing because I'm thinking of how silly it is, and what if we have to call the fire dept. to get me loose lol, and crying because it HURT! Daddy finally came up far enough to reach the bucket, and I was able to loose myself without calling anyone. lol I went straight inside and put on a pair of sweatpants....never mind that they were my best, newest pair....better them than me. I FINALLY got finished. Well, we have half the front finished. Daddy is wanting to finish tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain Friday, so he won't be able to, because it's supposed to dry for at least 24 hours before rain. I *hope* it's going to rain. ; ) I'm too sore to work more. Right now, anyway. Maybe next week sometime.
Ohh, my back hurts!

original date March 7, 2007

No comments: