Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Would You Do Instead?!?

Daddy and I sat on the front porch and talked when we got home from our walk. He was in an argumenative mood, so he found some things to pick at...one of them was the girls.
"I don't feel like they're doing enough...I think they're bored."
"How on earth can you say that? They play with their toys, play outside, watch tv, read, draw, make crafts, cook....they do anything they want! Isn't that every kid's dream life...to just do what they want to?"
"Well, I think they're bored."
"Okay, what do you think we should do different? What would you have done as a child if you could have done anything?"
"I might have gone somewhere."
If I didn't know him as well as I do, I might take him seriously and make plans to go a few places just to pacify him, but since I DO know him so well, I'll let it blow over, and he'll be fine. : ) The truth is, we DO go a lot of places...he's always going on about how nice it is to stay home for a change. ; ) I hate it when he gets like that, though. He nearly always makes me wonder....is there something else we could be doing? He did mention going back to a cave we went to...gosh, I guess the girls were about 4 & 6 then. It is time to go there again, I guess. Other than that, this week I WILL go to that park I haven't got to yet ; ) and I will have some shopping that needs to be done one day....and he has to get a sticker on the van....he'll be ready to stay home by the end of the week. : )

Original date Sunday April 29, 2007

No comments: