Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Am So TOTALLY Exhausted!


A quick *nice* picture of my flower garden, before I start unloading about my day. lol
Today was a beautiful day, so I had a PILE of work to do.
Mice. Okay, here's how it begins...I am OCD...is that right? Or is it; I HAVE OCD? Am I it, or do I just have it lurking about me? Anyway...
Mice are the things that bother me most. The sight, the smell, the droppings, the NASTINESS. I get all freaky around mice.
And, on to the story...
I had mice in my closet...and in my storage building.
I couldn't touch anything in either place for the last few months.
Our house is old...1932 or so, and just FULL of cracks for mice to find. Last summer we worked and worked trying to find and cover all the holes, but they still found ways in. They seemed worse this year than any other so far. I think they are coming in at the chimney, but I just can't figure out how to keep them from coming up there.
Anyway...my closet is right beside the chimney...guess where the mice went? Actually, *they* were probably one...I really only saw one dropping. Quite amazing what I'll go through for one dropping. lol I took everything out and disenfected it, and washed all my clothes...at least those I didn't throw away. ; ) Then I disenfected the inside of the closet...bar, walls, floor, everything. Since I was already mousey I went outside and tackled my storage building. Oh. My. Goodness.
About the storage building...Sometime...last summer or spring, I think... I put the girl's toys out there so they could have it for a playhouse. I warned them that there have been mice in there before, so they needed to keep their toys in the tote boxes. The last time they were in there they left toys all over the place. Guess what got all mousey and icky? SO, I had to go through piles and piles of Barbies and stuffed animals...and I found DEAD MICE under some of them. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!
Talk about a hard day. I am SO tired and sore. Some of the things I have in there in storage are HEAVY! I bet my back will hurt BAD tomorrow. It's starting to hurt now.
I am thinking of a nice warm bath. AHHH....
Okay, that does it...I gotta get off the computer!
lol
original date Monday March 26, 2007

No comments: