Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bizarre Things...

WooEeeOoo WooEeeOoo....
I am not sure about that spelling..."bizarre". That's how Daddy and Emma said to spell it, so I'm trusting them and not looking it up...it's too late tonight. : )
Anyway, the bizarre things...
Last night Daddy and I stayed up late watching a spider movie...really funny huge spiders jumping all over the place...anyway, it was bizarre. About 1:00 in the morning, the phone rang...while we were watching the movie. Daddy answered...I could hear the woman on the other end, though. "Hello." "Come down here and get these cows out of my garden." "Um...excuse me?" "Come down here and get these cows out of my garden, they're eating my flowers. I just planted them flowers last week." "Ummm, who is this?" "(Here she says her name)" "Who are you trying to call?" "(Here she says a man's name we don't recognize)" "Ummm, this is the _______ residence." "Oh, why I'm sorry, I was trying to get a hold of ______ they's cows all in my garden...I'm awful sorry." "Well, that's okay."
I told Daddy he should have told her it was fine if she wanted to give us some cows, but could she keep them in her garden until morning, then we'd come get them. lol It was just totally bizarre...the whole silly spider movie and the phone call in one night.
THEN, we watched "Christmas with the Kranks" Bleah. I liked the man no one knew...Marty, and the old woman...Bev, who had cancer and a cat. The rest of the movie was SO silly. WHY, if they wanted to, would anyone CARE if they wanted to go on a cruise? Maybe it's just the way we are, but we'd be thrilled if everyone we knew stopped celebrating Christmas...with maybe the exception of my Grandmother's dinner. : ) And if someone we knew said they were going on a cruise instead of having Christmas, we'd be happy. (For them, of course)
Daddy's watching another bizarre movie...about rats. I'm bothering him by laughing loudly and he can't hear what's going on. He likes these strange movies. He likes to watch odd things and discuss the camera angles and how certain things are done. He certainly takes the *scary* out of scary movies. Since DVD's have come out, with all their extra's...how it's done and all...it has really changed how I preceive them. Yes, I am old enough to remember the days before DVD's...when there was only video's...actually, at risk of sounding ancient, I remember the days BEFORE videos...okay, I'm stopping now. I'm dreadfully close to admitting how old I am. : )
Actually, I will admit to one thing. Daddy bought a DVD set today, MacGuyver. First season. When we got home he put one in and we were watching it, and I was cracking up, thinking how OLD I thought MacGuyver was when we were watching it as kids. I thought he was at least 50! He looks SO young now! lol Daddy got another DVD set with the same actor, and he REALLY looks old now. ; )

original date Saturday April 14, 2007

No comments: