Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh if I thought the toad one was bad...

This is even worse.
I went outside when it cooled off to finish up the mowing. I got it all finished, then decided to rake, since the grass was so high before we mowed. I was raking on a little rise in the backyard...and a bird's nest came out. I picked it up and asked Anna...she was playing in the backyard..."Did you and Emma lay a bird's nest back here?" (I thought they might have found an old one and carried it back there) But, she said they hadn't...then I saw three little eggs which had fallen out.
OOOHHH, I feel SO bad about it. I wasn't sure how it was in there, so I tried to put it back as it seemed best....kind of tilted so it would't rain into it...and draped a couple long strands of grass I missed over it. I SO hope the little bird comes back to it. I'd hate to think I had killed three baby birds along with my toad today.
On a funnier note...I found a sock as I was mowing and picked it up and threw it to Anna, and a slug flew off it and landed on her head. She got SOOOO mad. I couldn't help it, though, I laughed. I'm just lucky she didn't throw it back at me.

No comments: