Sunday, May 31, 2009

Math

Okay, so the picture has nothing to do with the title. But it's a cute one. : ) We've played around with math some today. Daddy gave us his dice to use...he has 20-sided,12 sided, 10 sided, 8-sided, regular...a very nice collection of dice. He asked about them yesterday, if we had done anything with them yet, and I said we hadn't, but we would, so today I got them out. We played a game with them....where you toss them then multiply the numbers which come up. The 10-sided dice was best for this, because it had more numbers, but didn't go above 9. We tried it with the 20-sided dice, but 18X8 was too much. We didn't want to think that much. lol We went out for ice cream and took the (regular dice, Daddy wouldn't let us take his) dice with us and played while we waited for our food. I won that game. We played 10 times and then added up the numbers. Anna won our first game (which she LOVED), and Emma won the next, then I won the last. We stopped by Mom's after that and talked a little while. She asked about tutoring Emma in English. I am reminded of a quote from "The Beverly Hillbillies"..."Well, I've done already learned how to talk that." Emma said she would think about it. Tutoring doesn't bother me, as long as the girls want it...I'm definately not going to force it on them, but they do like to work with Mom. original date Wednesday April 11, 2007

No comments: