Sunday, May 31, 2009

Life...and Death

I was reading on Diana's blog, and followed a link to another blog where another mother has lost a little one. (Diana is Hannah's mommy, if you were *anywhere* online in unschooling groups last year about this time, you've heard of her...if you weren't, Hannah died last Feb. at age 9 from A.L.L.) I'd link if I knew how, but suffice it to say, it's so sad.
I started to blog about this the other day, but the picture I had wasn't a jpeg, and I didn't want to get into changing it, so I just cancelled the entry, and went on.
Now I might say something about it.
In the picture is *my* graveyard. Left side, large stone is my grandparents. Beside them, small stone is my grandmother's oldest son, who died at 20 from lukemia, about 20 years before I was born. On the right side at the bottom, without a stone (yet) is my dear brother...he died in 2004. I'm still in denial...his last job was with a moving company and he was gone for months at a time, and when he did come in I didn't always get to see him, because sometimes they were just flying 1 day stops, so I'm pretending he's just on the road. It works, too...everytime someone mentions him dead it catches me by surprise.
At top, right side, with the angel, is my little baby. I'm still crying with the mother who lost her daughter...I won't be able to write anything today about him. Maybe later.
Let me end with this...
Other Mother (I don't even know your name) I am SO SORRY to hear about your loss. I hope you will find the comfort you need.

original date Thursday March 22, 2007

No comments: